Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-03-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
stillwater

Default Pickup truck cab restoration table..

I have saved a picture of one of those, it allows one to get the cab squared up (mine was found in a holler lol). It is out of square and I have the measurements from most points on the truck. Going to take off the roof, doors and all windows, etc. and put it on a table to get everything where it's supposed to be.

Looking for advice from those who have used this method. Do I make a steel frame first, then build the wood around it, or just use wood? And I'm going to use caster wheels under it for mobility. I'm thinking maybe build out of some kind of hardwood and put casters on...Suggestions?
stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
1ton

Default Re: Pickup truck cab restoration table..

I'm making one out of 2x4's. Obviously picking up on the mounting points of the cab. Using construction screws for the frame and adjustable scaffold wheels to allow for leveling. I screwed blocks on each corner for leveling points. That allows me to wheel it around and level it whenever I work on it. I plan on using the frame once, so when I'm done, I'll disassemble it and use the wood on something else or just burn it.
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #3
1ton

Default Re: Pickup truck cab restoration table..

I started out with a full platform on top but changed it so the main frame is on the bottom with a plywood cover to make it rigid and for tool storage. Just the four corner posts stand up vertically to allow plenty of room to work.
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote