Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #1
ironbuttjohn

Default Vic, what about a winter get together?

I saw back a few weeks ago you and Tom T where talking about doing a winter meet down your way. Can you give me a up date as to your plans if you have an........
ironbuttjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
Vic Piano

Default Re: Vic, what about a winter get together?

Hi John, I've been thinking about having another "meet" here in central Florida in February of 2011 but I've also been promoting the Moonshine Festival (on that other site). The Moonshine Festival is in Dawsonville, Georgia from October 22nd to the 24th. I'm planning on hosting a BBQ at my Mom's house on Friday the 22nd, following the Moonshine Festival Driving Tour. Once the Moonshine Festival is over, I'll focus on the Florida Meet. Hope you can make it to both. Vic
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
ironbuttjohn

Can you post info about that moonshine festival on this post?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbuttjohn View Post
Can you post info about that moonshine festival on this post?

John, here is the info on the Moonshine Festival, October 22nd to 24th Dawsonville, GA. On Friday the 24th they are having a Driving Tour going through the North Georgia Mountains from Dawsonville to Lake Unicoi. The lake is not from from my Mom's house in Sautee, so I'm planning on hosting a BBQ for Barner's after the tour. If you Google Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, Ga. you'll find additional info re the event. Hope you can make it.

Vic
Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
TomT/Williamsburg

Hey, John, how's it going? I'd love to go to the moonshive festival but there's so much happening in the fall family-wise for me. Florida in Feb sounds doable, though .... Im planning on it!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
By the time February, 2011 rolls around, there should be plenty of us looking to get away from the cold and frozen north for a little V8ing in the sunshine state . If Vic puts another gathering together in the Tampa Bay area, (and promises us lots a nice warm sunny weather) I will do my best to attend. Maybe I can even get my better half to come along with me since she has just retired after working for 38 years.
Here are some pics from this years gathering.......and a good time was had by all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4376495409_f0f4d1ea2c_b.jpg (76.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 4376492071_431708a385_b.jpg (55.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4376496823_a17efc68d5_b.jpg (80.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4376494579_64a7dcac47_b.jpg (88.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4377246488_3f5b09d5fb_b.jpg (78.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 4377245658_d7a5f0e848_b.jpg (75.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4377251850_d9ab18fc3d_b.jpg (139.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 4377255152_b03ec58153_b.jpg (77.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4376508053_0f30c08b33_b.jpg (105.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4377258620_06bb90984f_b.jpg (82.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1816636297_e1a98fb616_b.jpg (45.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4376513459_c9861e29bc_b.jpg (99.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4376515185_9ca2c7bab5_b.jpg (108.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 4377256358_1a7cd44f9d_b.jpg (111.1 KB, 22 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
Cecil/WV

JM,when are you leaving for Utah and what are you driving??
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
Vic Piano

JM, I'll do my best to insure good weather, looking forward to seeing everyone again and, if you can't wait to get away... Come to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Ga. from October 22nd to the 24th. I'll be hosting a BBQ for Barner's on Friday the 22nd following the Driving Tour.

Vic
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
JM 35 Sedan

Cecil, I'm thinking about leaving on the 11th of October and taking I70 most of the way. I should be able to drive about 500 miles per day. This would also allow some time to stop for a day or two along the way for some sight seeing attractions, R&R, etc. I'll be driving my GMC 3/4T PU and trailering my '35 fordor sedan. Once I get to St George, I'll be driving my '35 everywhere I go. After the meet I'll be heading further west to the CA coast and then north along the coast until I get to San Fransisco and then maybe go as far north as the Redwood Nat'l Park. I have not planned my return trip yet. What are your plans?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
Cecil/WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Cecil, I'm thinking about leaving on the 11th of October and taking I70 most of the way. I should be able to drive about 500 miles per day. This would also allow some time to stop for a day or two along the way for some sight seeing attractions, R&R, etc. I'll be driving my GMC 3/4T PU and trailering my '35 fordor sedan. Once I get to St George, I'll be driving my '35 everywhere I go. After the meet I'll be heading further west to the CA coast and then north along the coast until I get to San Fransisco and then maybe go as far north as the Redwood Nat'l Park. I have not planned my return trip yet. What are your plans?
We're planning to leave on the 12th and make our way out and then make some stops on the way back. My wife wants to go to Graceland and I have a couple of places that I want to see as well, if the '50 holds together. We are taking I 70 out and then coming back further south, through Nashville and up I 81.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #11
chuck stevens

Vic,
I'll be in Florida sometime after the first of the year, so count me in . Last years get togather was wonderful, my only suggestion is we try to stay away from the Zepherhills weekend. There is always too many things on the same date.
Take care, Chuck.
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #12
Vic Piano

Chuck, I haven't looked at any dates as yet for the 2011 Meet. I chose the Zephyrhills Meet date for last year because a lot of people were going to be down here at that time. Once the Moonshine Festival is over (October 22nd - 24th) I'll start looking at possible dates and things to do for the next Fla. Meet. Vic
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #13
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, I wish I could make that Moonshine Festival. I've wanted to do that for several years now, but something else always seems to come up. Hopefully, those who attend will post plenty of pictures here of those "moonshine runners" and also the old roundy round stock cars that show up there. This year I will be off to the EFV8C/A Western Nat. Meet in Utah and then on to CA and other unknown parts of the country on the return trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
JM, I'll do my best to insure good weather, looking forward to seeing everyone again and, if you can't wait to get away... Come to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Ga. from October 22nd to the 24th. I'll be hosting a BBQ for Barner's on Friday the 22nd following the Driving Tour.

Vic

Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
Vic Piano

JM, your trip sounds like a real blast, wish I could ride shotgun. Guess we'll have to wait to see you in Florida. Have fun and be safe. Vic
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
ironbuttjohn

Vic....Oct is a hard month for me, got a new grandbaby coming about then. Feb would be much better. I would like to meet you and see your cars
Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
Vic Piano

John, congrats on the grandbaby. I'd love to show you all our "junkers" and look forward to seeing you in February. I'll start looking at dated after the Moonshine Festival, if you've got any ideas re a good time in February to hold the event let me know, that goes for any of you that would like to attend, let me know what works best for you and we'll take an average to choose the dates.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #17
Vic Piano

Here's an up-date on the Moonshine Festival BBQ. I just got home from a weekend visit with my Mom, while there I checked out the outdoor pavilion at Sky Lake (the community she lives in) and it looks like we may be able to use the pavilion for the BBQ. There is plenty of secure parking, a BBQ pit, etc. I will need a head count so I can let the Sky Lake management know how many cars/people to expect so, please let me know (PM me) if you are going to make it. As more info comes in I'll post it.