View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 10:42 PM   #162
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

Ya Pete, it works out well for me. A couiple of Christmas's back my wife gave me a little clip on book light. I stuck it into some of the gas tanks for a look see. One of the four was at lest ten lbs heavier. It was sealed all around with a black coating which resembled tar. It was also the best looking on the exterior. This may have been an early tank coating, but with the new ethenol gas, why risk it. The one I plan to use I may still put on a slow rotisserie with some hardened screws or something for abrasive this weekend. Also been playing with some seriously flat green acrylic paint. Truck has one door somebody stripped back to it's original black. I have a green door in good shape, but the current door is straighter, has matching key to ignition and an excellent black interior and great glass. I bought the chalky paint in an antique green and whadya know it is a very good match. It claims to be interior paint but 4 days ago I painted an old steel door panel, let dry overnight and placed it at the bottom of a mud puddle in front of the shop. As of noon today it is plenty solid, no softening or lifting. I then swatched some on one of my old sweatshirts and the washer and dryer should tell a tale. Certainly not for everybody, but Sugarmaker, they make a couple of blues. Mix and match if needed, but mine as shown is straight from the jar..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chalk paint 1.jpg (77.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg chalk paint 2.jpg (98.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg chalk paint 3.jpg (91.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg chalk paint 4.jpg (44.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg chalk paint 5.jpg (88.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg four gas tanks.jpg (139.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg good gas tank1.jpg (99.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg good gas tank 2.jpg (140.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg good gas tank 3.jpg (116.5 KB, 24 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 02-03-2022 at 11:16 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)