View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #16
hardtimes

Default Re: headgasket thikness after torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy myers View Post
I have my valves above the block dident get to clay valves and pistons yet indexed crank tonight going to do cam timeing tomorrow may be this weekend before I clay ha ha hardtimes u really want that head don't u pistons above block will give me more compression as long as I have clearance wont flycut or relieve us less not enough clearance pad on head says 7 to 1 hard times did u cc your head just curious what u came up with did u clay wondering what your clearances are thanks fordoor and hardtimes that's what I was looking for
Hey Billy,
Yeah, you are right about more compression, as long as you have about .040 or more is better. I clayed about .035 pistons and valves (without head gasket on) and am happy with that. Remember that that clearance will change with head gasket added and compressed. My copper head gasket compressed to .050. So, check out what your head gasket will provide when compressed also and add to clay reading.
When pistons 'popup' into a head that allows and still has clearance, that will give more compression. I did not cc my Winfield, as I was only concerned about clearance of valves/piston top. Not much chamber room at all. I'm thinking that the Super Winfield new is 7.5:! . At 4 inch pistons, I'm wondering about sealing between 1and 2 and 3 and 4 holes, so using copper wire.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote