View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #15
37 Coupe

Default Re: Will I fit in a Roadster??

Last summer I decided at age 72 it would be neat to have a Model A roadster like I did at age 18.Lots of V-8 Fords since then. I went to an auction a local one where the deceased owned a lot of old cars including Model A Fords.I tried to get in a '29 roadster and could not believe how tough it was,well really impossible and was feeling pretty dejected until I sat in a '31.Someone told me to try getting in passenger side and sliding over,it is still cramped on the '31 roadster I ending up buying as my belly rubs the steering wheel or vice versa but not to bad if I tend to sit a little towards the door where steering wheel is a little off center. Henry and dsel must have decided that everyone who wants a Model A should be as trim as they were. Walter Chrysler was correct about one thing as he tried to get potential Model A buyers to try out a Plymouth,a lot more room and car for the money.His accountants told him the '31 and later the '32 PB would have to sell at $800-$ 1000 to make a profit,he wouldn't have it.Sold at a loss just to cheat Henry out of a sale. I actually sold a '32 PB convertible coupe last August to buy the Model A but the reason was I could go no farther with the Plymouth as far as restoration.Parts are almost impossible to find for an 8 month production run car .