View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Rotella T4 oil, dirty oil

Starting a new thread about what I posted in the thread below, so as not to hijack the other thread.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273067

Post 23 -
It "has always bothered me that my oil is so black at 500 miles. Even with rebuilt motor, Berts carb, and decent plug reads".

"Have considered changing from Shell T4 to something different, have heard claims that Rotella t4 looks dirty sooner than other oils."

Can no longer find the info about T4 running dirty/black. Not sure; if it is because it is a diesel oil, if it requires more frequent changes that other brand/type oils, etc. Would appreciate info/comments.

Am I overly concerned about something that is typical for all oils in a Model A Engine without an oil filter?

If because of dirty oil at 500 miles you have switched from T4 to another oil please comment including type of oil. Or if you have added an oil filter due to dirty oil at 500 miles please comment.

And yes I know some are probably thinking - not another discussion about oil. So please do not let this morph into other oil subjects/areas. I am not looking for info on what is good oil, best oil, additives, etc..
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote