View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:46 PM   #17
Gene F

Default Re: Considering buying a T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKA View Post
Hello ,
I bought a 20 Model T tourer about 20 years ago .

Since I was a kid I was attracted to the history and looks of the T as well as its agricultural Mechanics.It was the first Antique car I purchased.

After owning it and driving it for 12 months I decided to sell it.
Why ? Every time I it took it out for a a drive whether short or long at the end of the drive I had a headache.
I never had headaches before this.
I put this down to the stress I was under driving it in a big city.

Every time I got close to a set of traffic lights I had to decide whether to proceed at normal speed or slow down in case the traffic lights changed.This was stressful as I knew if the lights changed when I was reasonably close to the lights I could not stop in time if travelling at 35 mph.All I had was the transmission brake band to stop the car.

It was only a matter of time before my luck would run out and I would be T boned by another car..
The number of red lights I ran through made me decide the T was not suitable to drive in a big city with lots of traffic.
If I lived in a small town this would not have been an issue.

After I sold the T and got the A I no longer got headaches when driving the A.
I still love the look of the T models but for me they are not suited to driving in big busy cities.
Mark.
I like to look at them, and that is about it. Took a spin in one at The Henry Ford. They just are not practical these days. They sure were great in the day. I love my A. Cast iron drums, super heavy duty radiator, and an overdrive. I can take it to the hardware store, out for a spin, on tour with my local club. It's a very nice car.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote