Thread: Ignition points
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: Ignition points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Jim currently standard only has the standard line, the days of cheap blue streak are gone. I too had to return some echlin sets due to weak spring tension. Since I have been using standard Fd6770 I have NEVER had to return any. We sold and used 54 sets this month alone. This all tells me it’s a echlin issue not a standard issue. A good set of fd6770 and a good set of cs47 both have the same spring tension. The only issue with some of the older stock 6770’s is the LH stationary point needs to be adjusted (bent) slightly. That’s my opinion only, the echlins I bought at my Napa were not satisfying to me and seemed to be old stock. I buy the 6770’s from rockauto.com,

WOW two different worlds i guess , my local supplier still offers some blue streak (lower priced) stuff and i just yesterday afternoon picked up a few boxes of the CS47s ( from napa)that were reboxed Standard stuff...

i really understand the reasoning as i have worked for both companies over the years as a rep and trainer as well..... Anyway my orginal point (which seems pointless ) for this post still stands "be carefull""""...

I will call you first of week as i need some parts.....
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote