View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #58
Vic Piano

Default Re: 2014 Gettysburg Meet Photo Thread

Alan, just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity... What is the difference between traveling on a week day or a weekend??? Also, typically, hotel occupancy is stronger on weekdays than on weekends. This is due to the large amount of business travelers during the week. Thus, the weekend room rates are generally cheaper...! Check any of the myriad hotel/motel room web sites... I'm just sayin'. It appears to me that the EFV8 Club is wrong on both counts. Also, I know from my own experience, when my kids were small, and I was a member of the EFV8 club, they and my wife had little or no interest in going to any automotive events on vacation. There are a lot of "dedicated V8ers" who won't "block out their next vacation, at the expense of their family's, to attend an EFV8 Meet. If the EFV8 club really wants to accommodate their membership, perhaps they should take a survey to get a consensus. They might find that holding the Meets over a weekend would be preferred, imagine that. We all know that you can't please everyone all the time but... It would be nice if they gave it a try.