View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #52
Vic Piano

Default Re: 2014 Gettysburg Meet Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Vic, I believe a big factor for the days picked to have these meets involves negotiating with the hotels for a large block of rooms at a reduced rate. These hotel rooms probably go for a premium to travelers during the weekends. Many of our RG members were actually here at the hotel the end of last week, as well as the weekend before the meet, getting things ready for this show. I got here Sunday at noon and there were plenty of old Fords parked all around the hotel parking lots for those who would want to come and look at them. As you well know, based on the gatherings you have promoted, it's difficult to please all the people all the time.
John, I agree with you about not being able to please everyone however, as we all know, ours is not a cheap hobby to be involved in, and for the EFV8 Club, trying to save a few dollars on hotel rooms comes at the expense of all the members that can't take time off during the work week. I'm sure that, given the choice, most members would opt to pay a bit more for a hotel room, if it enabled them to attend the meet... I'm just sayin'