Thread: carb stall
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #6
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: carb stall

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930artdeco View Post
Hi All,

Need some help on this one. I have a Marvel carb on my car that has stalled out on me twice going around a curve. I am thinking that the float valve is sticking in the closed position somehow. After she sits for about a minute she fires right back up.

I have fuel in the throat that I can see and feel. The only thing that I can think of doing is enlarging the brass housing just enough so that the needle has a tad more slop in it and doesn't get cock eye in the housing. Sound reasonable?

Mike
Gotta know more about the cause! What you describe as the car stalling, is definitely around gas flow, but, you stated you let the car sit and then it will start up again. Have You installed and inline filter? These filters tend to plug and really are designed for fuel pump systems. Also, is there rust in the tank plugging things up? I would do a bit more investigating as I run a Marvel carb, and it works great! Not saying you are not right but, Just sayin, could be fuel flow to the carb from the tank! And that fits the fact that when the engine starves for fuel and quits, enough flow from the tank replenishes the float chamber and off you go again!

Last edited by DHZIEMAN; 06-24-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More info
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote