View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Thinking about selling the '34 Phaeton

Thanks, everyone. A lot of you personally know the car, and have inquired in the past. I'll get some current pics up here in the next few days... likely over the weekend, as I still work full time.

It's not restored. Dad bought it in the early 1960's, and refused to restore the car. Everyone thought he was crazy. He just wanted to drive it... and it's been all over the place carrying swap meet items, etc. He preferred it unrestored, so he would not be afraid to drive it.

Dad passed in October of 2015, and had been unable to drive it the last several years he was alive. My family and I would travel from WV to FL to visit a couple times per year, and one of the first things I would do, was fire it up. Even after sitting for 6 months or more, it would always fire right up, and I'd drive it around Daytona all week. It's the perfect car for that, as it draws a LOT of looks, and you're still not that afraid to drive it, get it a little dirty, or get caught in some rain. It's NOT the best for driving on the beach, as those cars are very front heavy, and those skinny tires aren't exactly made for sand. lol

Don't know if you do Facebook, but here are some. They have people in them as well, but you can get an idea about the car. It's a series of pics. Just keep clicking to the right.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I'll get some more posted over the weekend.

Thanks for the interest.

p.s. It does currently have the fenders and running boards on it! Dad had a phase there, where he took them off for some reason. Hey, whatever works.
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.

Last edited by FL&WVMIKE; 10-03-2018 at 04:47 PM.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote