View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #28
RCM

Default Re: 1947 Ford Coupe tips

Mild good news!:
I finally met with the owner and I was pleasently surprised when, while waiting for his arrival, I took a look under the hood of the car and noticed that the water in the radiator had been replaced and all the spark plugs were gone. Meanwhile and old guy (which I later came to know to be a mechanic) arrives with a little gas can, with a pack of spark plugs, and a battery. I felt confortable knowing that at least they were trying. He mocked up his things, turned the key, pressed the ignition and man, it came to life! I was delighted when I heard the V8 roaring back from the dead.
The deal is now at this point: The car will be taken to the shop tomorrow for an overall check (brakes, clutch, tranny...) and if all goes well I'll drive it next week. If I'm ok with it, the the owner will take it to a mandatory legal inspection that we are obliged to over here in order to drive any vehicle on the road (it is an evaluation of the car security and mechanicaly wise). If it passes, I'll buy it. If not, well.. then we'll see.
Thanks for being patient and suportive.
Keep it up.
RCM is offline   Reply With Quote