View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #44
Dick Carne

Default Re: Looking for a new Pickup Bed

For the time involved to get a really nice and straight bed, and given the relatively reasonable cost of acquiring a new bed, I would recommend contacting Brookville Roadster in Brookville, Ohio. Their bed unassembled is something just over $1400 plus shipping (not including the tailgate). However, I would also recommend having them assemble the bed itself if you were to consider going that route. My nephew and I built a '28 roadster pickup for him several years back, and used all new sheetmetal from Brookville. In the end, it turned out really nice and is virtually indistinguishable from the original body parts. From my perspective, the body will be straighter, there will be a much lower opportunity for body related issues once completed, and your project will move along much faster. If your current bed is as good as so many have commented, then perhaps the sale of your current bed might make the selection of a new bed all the more financially feasible, not to mention the rather enormous amount of time otherwise required to achieve the same results. Again, just my opinion. Good luck whatever route you might choose.
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote