View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
wingski

Default Re: Is it a bad time to sell?

When I first advertised on MAFCA, I ended up running into the most persistent scammer ever. MAFCA strenuously warns about scammers and I’m glad it does because this guy or gal took up hours and hours of my time and totally pissed me off. The time and effort this person put into trying to screw me over was immense. I’ll never be able to figure out why someone would work so hard to mess someone else up when if they put that much effort into making their life better, they’d probably be very successful.

That said, nothing has been done to this car that couldn’t be fairly easily undone to make it appear original. Since the Canadian Vehicle Registration had the Briggs body number on it and being a Canadian car had no frame number, I don’t know if the original engine is in it or not. I do know that the engine was manufactured 7-12-29 and the body was 7-22-29 so they could match. Who knows?

When my wife and I first saw this car, it was hot and the sun was unbelievably bright. When that sunlight hit that blue paint, it glowed the most beautiful sky-blue we’d ever seen. I know it’s not a stock color for 1929, but at least it is a Ford color.
If my car was put side by side with a 1929 cabriolet painted that stock yellow, and the sun was out, my car would make that original yellow paint look pretty drab. It is almost impossible to make yellow paint drab, but my blue could do it. Since my car is a one-stage paint job, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg to paint it, and it wouldn’t cost a fortune to paint it the correct color. This car is so rust-free that it wouldn’t take that much to make it into a show car that might even win something. I’m not into that kind of thing at all because I’m not competitive. Besides that, I hate to lose, but I think that kind of competition is fine for others. Just not me.

I’m still amazed that an open car has survived as well as mine has, and I would think that anyone who knows how rare it is for one of these things to still look like this one does would be as well.

I’ve priced the cabriolet so someone who could never afford a rare car like this one can buy it and not have to put an exorbitant amount of money into the initial purchase price. I’m hoping that my car might be a starter car for someone who isn’t as old as god to get into the model A hobby. Wouldn’t it be nice to see someone driving this thing who didn’t have white hair or none at all?

By the way, it’s raining like mad and truly yucky outside so I am not taking time to write this that would be better spent playing with my car.

Thanks for responding guys, I really appreciate it.
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote