Thread: Motor won't run
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #38
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Motor won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynova63 View Post
I have a 1928 sport coupe that I'm trying to get running. I 99.9% sure on the timing 99.9% on the carb I rebuild and I have good compression. I replaced the oil pump drive gear that was extremely worn, installed an updated pionts system and rebuilt the carb. The motor is spitting and sputtering but won't kick over. The head is getting warm and the plugs are kinda dry. It has plenty of turning power with the 12v upgrade. Right now I'm leaning that the carb is not feeding the right fuel flow or the coil is not powerful enough. Any help will be great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You did a lot of changes to this car! The one that stands out is ignition changes. The car is spitting back. head is warm, which to me converts to the engine is really out of time. Get # 1 piston at the top on compression stroke. There are plenty of posts on how to accomplish. Then assure your distributor is set up to fire on #1 and that the distributor wires (brass flat wires) are going to the right spark plugs. Once that is complete and you are sure you have the engine timed right, then do the starting thing again. Hope this helps
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote