View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #8
Bob C

Default Re: 30 model A water pump ID help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxiedan View Post
Its alive!!
Pulled and cleaned pan, replaced dash and engine wiring, diconnected all lighting wiring, new battery cables, rebuilt distributor, rebuilt gas gauge, changed trans fluid, replaced ball mount on front radius arms(wow that was a pain! Bolts needed replacing and one fell in bellhousing took me an hour to fish it out!), and a new belt!

Bought a new 8 volt battery to see if I could get it to turn over. Battery would crank one revolution and read 2 volts
Robbed the coil and 12v battery off of my 52 Ferguson tractor and put it on.
Motor cranked maybe 3 revolutions and fired up! Smoked like crazy for 5-10 minutes as I let it warm up and looked for leaks. Never touched carb.
Front crank seal leaks a little. Looks like its leaking from crank not pan. And one of the valve cover bolts seams to leak. I filled radiator to the top and put cap on before starting. Lost some water from overflow and lower hose leaks a little at radiator. Water pump seems good!
Im excited!
Ordered a few more parts including a 12v regulator to replace the one on the factory generator.
Was hoping to keep it stock with 6v but with all the parts needing replaced it was just wiser to go 12v. Still have to get the wiring for the lighting circuits.

The stock generator didn't have a regulator,only a coutout, so what do you have??

Bob
Bob C is online now   Reply With Quote