View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 05:42 AM   #13
Mac VP

Default Re: 36 ford transmission shifter very slopy

I suspect that you meant to type that you have a 68-7222 shifter housing. This could be used on your 32-35 gearset with one change. You would have to replace the B-7100 low/rev gear with a 67-7100 gear (has straight cut gear teeth but a larger diameter fork flange) to match the larger low/rev fork in this tower. Unless someone has changed out the 2nd/high fork, it will already be correct for your gearset. Lastly, the 68-7222 tower will require that you open up the hole in the transmission cover sheet metal to clear the top of the upright tower.

Don’t be tempted to grind the tips of the existing low/rev fork in the 68 tower. You could make it fit your early type gear fork groove but the fork tips would look like toothpicks when you got done grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekemeyer View Post
Checked all the different problems you guys thought it could be and it turns out the hole in the tower is very worn this shift tower is a 40-7222 and is called a slant back style the other tower I have is a 38-7222 it shifts great but the shifter fork is not the same size so I thought maybe someone might make an oversized pin to repair this problem or find a shift tower from someone on the barn and just replace it thanks Tom 518 573 7447 if someone has the part
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote