View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #15
Flathead Fever

Default Re: Ford ran 2/3 cars at the 1035 Indy 500?

I looked in my literature piles and boxes and I can't find it. It is in the 1935 4th addition Racing Book by Kuns. It shows up on eBay every once in awhile. I did find one of the issues before it (Ford Roadster Racing) and the two issues after it. There is a nice article in those Miller Fords in that '35 issue. I had an entire extra bedroom room full of metal shelving around the walls and isles of them full of this stuff, all pretty well organized. The wife wanted it out of the house because of a wedding reception we were having here. I had just added onto the garage and I built a 8'X20' room upstairs for just my Ford literature and photos. I had either back surgery or shoulder surgery that week and wasn't allowed to lift anything. I still had drain tubes hanging out of me. So one night my wife and daughter took all that stuff out of the house and upstairs in the garage. I have never been able find anything since.

This is what it looks like.

I have a lot of info on those Mines Field, Elgin and Oakland Ford roadsters that raced. Some original photos, original newspaper articles A copy of the tear down measurements on one of the winning roadsters. Everything had to be 100% stock. They tore the engines, trans and rear ends apart. They give you cam load readings, jet sizes everything you can think of to make sure no cheating was going on. Even have one of the front page Newspapers that hung in every Ford Dealer. "Frame Wins Elgin Road Race". Those roadsters were so successful that was what inspired those '35 Ford/Miller Indy cars. After there steering failed there was no more factory sponsored racing. You will not find anything after 1935. Then you start getting into the Fords setting the dry lakes racing records.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kuns.jpg (37.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Flathead Fever; 04-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote