View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #25
V8 Bob

Default Re: Primary carb- Front or back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I don't see anything in your post that would cause me to change my mind. Let me ask you : Have you ever spent any amount of time with these "rear-biased" manifolds?

Look at the way the manifold is made and THINK. That front carb is in the stock location for a reason.

The pictured "regular" dual intake is for pre-49 where the engines are "shorter" and the forward carb base is positioned to allow stock generator location. If you look at most '49-up dual intakes you'll see the carbs are more evenly positioned as the generator sits farther forward because of the "longer" water pumps and pulleys. One exception is the Edmunds which has very "strange" imo carb placement, but I ran one on my stock 239" '51 with straight 94 linkage with no issues. I eventually switched to an Edelbrock dual just because of better looking carb placement. I agree with Ronnie that straight linked dual carbs are the best way to go. If you take the time to make sure the carbs are the same and synced, you'll find good performance and economy.

Last edited by V8 Bob; 05-01-2020 at 06:25 AM.
V8 Bob is offline   Reply With Quote