View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #33
Forddan

Default Re: STP and Transmission: any negative experience ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
Daniel,
So now you drive with the left lever (spark advance) all the way down, right?
Correct !!

I have both levers up when I start the A. For driving I use the left (spark lever) all advanced. Car drives very well.

This weekend I drove it under a pretty nasty rain. And all went OK. I was very afraid of any issue due to water, but nothing happened. A woman wrote the club if someone nearby with a 1929 A could take her dad to a surprise party for his 90 years old. The dad is a car fan. I said that I will do it. Saturday was all sunny and Sunday was going to rain late afternoon. Well, all changes in 24 hours. At 10 AM the sky started to pour water. I already have the car out of the barn, so by 11 AM it was all soaked. Suddenly sun. I said now I go. 15' later it was worst. Fortunately I made it to the house. The guy was surprised. He jumped inside the car under the rain. I do not now if it was due to excitement or because it was raining a lot :-). We make it to the restaurant and stop raining. Sun out and 50 family members all around the A taking pictures with the 90 years old guy and a car of the same age. A lot of fun. My round trip was 60 miles. Not bad, mainly because 30 miles were under rain.

Sorry, this is out of topic. But I just wanted to tell it.

Cheers
Daniel Forddan

Last edited by Forddan; 05-22-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Forddan is offline   Reply With Quote