View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #17
KCTA Chris

Default Re: Road trip: making it there and back

Driving would have its challenge and suddenly the motor acted like it ran out of gas, no power and shut it down on the roadside. First thought was timing gear as I’ve been there before. Pulled the cap and had rotation. Plenty of gas trickled so focused and expected a head gasket. I pulled the plugs to get a quick look for anything unusual and all were light grey/brown. Double checked the plug wire and was a little loose but nothing unusual. Damn if it didn’t fire up and idle nice. Water fill and hit the road, another 20 miles, when I turned it stumbled and had bad hesitation. Radiator showing red so water stops became a mandatory occurrence. Worried it could be head gasket related I checked every-time for tale tell signs of bubbling air but nothing. Oil usage is minimal and clean as ever.

I’d try less and more timing and more GAV. After a huge backfire seemed to run better. No low to mid range power but once I get going I can still scoot along, this became the norm of trying to adjust and watching the radiator.

Last edited by KCTA Chris; 05-10-2019 at 03:28 PM.
KCTA Chris is offline   Reply With Quote