View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
chrs1961815

Default Re: Who has the best Tillotson rebuild kit?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett4christ View Post
Thanks, guys. Just wanted to get the best kit i could so I only have to do this once.

I'll be reading all I can and watching all the online instructions I can find before I dive in to this one. (OR...Mr. Mehwrench will be going to tech school on this one!)

Now, having that question answered, Is Tillotson a good choice? I have a Zenith core, but I read somewhere that the Tilley runs better. Should I rebuild the Zenith?
This has been discussed many times before but what it basically comes down to is your preference. The Tilly and Marvel were aftermarket carbs that would never pass judging if that is what your goal is. They do hold more gas than a zenith and give you better gas mileage on most cars. Every car is different so the results may not be the same. Many people run Zeniths and have no problems. They are stock and have worked for the past 90 years for the most part. They are more complicated and sensitive than the aftermarket carbs so have a good rebuilder rebuild it if you go that route. Also with the aftermarket carbs, they are potmetal so some have warped over the years (more tilly's than Marvel's) so you have to be careful.