View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Relieved stroker motor with Ford aluminum heads

There really won't be any advantage to a relieved block for what you're doing (given the single carb setup) - but if you have a good block, I'd surely not be afraid to use it. Starting with a known good block will make your life a lot easier.

Given that you're only going to run one carb, you might want to consider one of the 'Big 97's' - it will at least look the part. You may have to be selective in which original style intake you use - such that you can bore the intake (at the top) for the larger carb. If you don't put more carb on it and only run a single stock Holley 94 type carb, you're not going to be doing much good with all the cubic inches you'll have - as you won't be able to feed them. So think about your plans and the carb-manifold before you head down the path.

If I was going to stick with a single carb (even a Big 97 at 250 CFM), I would lower my cubic inches and probably build an engine with a 4" Merc crank and a more conservative overbore - like .060. If you don't have the carbs for the cubes . . . they don't make a lot of sense.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)