View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #14
cabrioletgalaxie

Default Re: starting problem after sitting 1947

Ok, back to the car this afternoon and found the sed bowl seeping gas. So will first try the glass bowl sanding to make it flat and check the gasket. It is cork and I too like them better.
The power valve came with the new carb kit from NAPA. I checked it last week when I went through the carb and found the sliver of metal in the gross jet.
The power valve was removed and the seat in the carb body was shiny and flat as was the bottom of the power valve was turned flat with a gasket, not like the poor one shown in Charlie's video. That being said I may just order one of his valves and some of those teflon/nylon washers that he likes so much.
Fuel pump has been replaced a week ago after the new one (year old) failed for some reason. It did not have the replaceable check valves so it went in the trash.
Elec. fuel pump would be easy but I am a stock guy and don't really want to do it. Hopefully I can replace the power valve, stop the leak in the sed bowl and it will be good. I have brand new Corbin clamps on the rubber hoses attached to the inline filter. Seems very tight.
Thanks again.
cabrioletgalaxie is offline   Reply With Quote