View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: 292 PCV 1964 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphleroy View Post

The fitting I think is an 45 degree Street Elbow that the PCV threads into! It screws into the intake manifold in front of the carburetor!
That sounds correct as I remember the diagram details.

Quote:
This engine is installed in an 55 Ford Club Sedan now so I have no idea what it came out of Light Duty or Heavy Duty, but think was larger truck? As I believe the big trucks used this PCV where others did not???
For the most part (and this is conjecture on my part), PCV became mandatory in CA in 1961 on PASS CAR and LIGHT TRUCK runs. It went Federal in 1963. Usually, heavy truck was exempt but I would need parts/service books of the period to be able to determine correctly.

The 272 and 292 M/D and H/D were built a lot different than pass car.

Quote:
Correct me on any of my thinking as I am an old 75 year old reliving my youth has dual exhaust and Mustang 5 speed Transmission as well just trying to clean up the blowby, air filter is oil bath too!
I am not qualified to correct you on anything as I am 70 years of age myself...

Quote:
Did find that PCV Standard Brand V100 got three coming from Rock Auto as well as new oil caps with and without the hook up tube back to air filter if needed. My old 55 back in the late 50s had the draft tube on its 272 I think?
Yeah, the PASS CAR engine (except BIRD) had the road draft feature on the LF skirt of the block. These were infrequently serviced and led to a lot of blow-by. The LT used a road draft tube (will show in ILL) until PCV.

But I promise to get you the illustrations sometime later today or tonight.

EDIT- ...again...

I found the below ILL while carousing with my browser. It appears to be from a PARTS ILL copy. It will give you an idea of the design.

If you need more detail, I will post the complete ILL's later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FYB- Road Draft Sytem.jpg (48.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg FYB- PCV System _1.jpg (69.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg FYB- PCV System _2.jpg (17.9 KB, 33 views)

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)

Last edited by KULTULZ; 11-23-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: ADVANCED CRS - TO ADD INFO
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote