View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Bob-A

Cool Re: Feeling of Picking Up Your ‘A’

My first antique car was a 1929 Chevy coach that my dad bought for us in
1966. My first "A" was in approx. 1983 and I traded a VW "Thing" for a '30
Town sedan. Not that big of a deal as both of the traded cars were a little ragged and I kept it for only a few years. In 2003 about a year before my dad died we went in on a 1929 "A" phaeton. Found it in Hemmings Motor News. She was a beaut with a lot of trimmings. My best bud (who I had meet back in the late 60's in the local antique car club) and I hopped into his Ford dually with enclosed trailer and headed to Georiga to finalize the deal. It was a late afternoon in the fall and chilly. The owner gave me the keys and said "take her for a spin". Well, it had been a few years since I had piloted an "A" and never an open "A". Wow! Driving back country Georgia roads in a '29 Model-A Ford phaeton: it don't get much better then that! Kept the car up until last year. During the years with the '29 phaeton I also acquired a '31 standard phaeton which turned into somewhat of a fiasco. Sold it after only a year or so. Right now I am waiting for another "A" to come along. She is out there, it is just a matter of time before I get to have the honor of being a care taker for another "A".

Bob-A

Note: In 2004 I bought another '29 Chevy like the one I had in high school. All original except paint & tires, nice car. But it ain't an "A".
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote