View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 07:05 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1928-29 AA Bumper brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
28/9 bumper arms are the same for cars and AA trucks. The parts book shows part numbers AA-17754-BR for the right hand arm and AA-17755-BR for the left hand bumper arm. These part numbers are the same in the passenger car section and AA truck section of the parts book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cilker View Post
The 28-29 AA front bumper brackets are longer than the car front bumper brackets. I have seen cars with the AA brackets and the bumpers stick way out in front.
I'm pretty sure Bill is correct on this, -and what Mike is suggesting is correct however confusing because the parts books do say to order an AA-17754-B if you need a service replacement for an A-17750-B. This is however, not suggesting that the AA and A front bumper arm are the same. What it is saying is for a replacement, order the one for the AA. This was likely a cost savings method for the depots to only stock one bumper arm, -and the AA length arm would fit on either the pass. vehicle or the commercial veh. whereas not visa-versa.

Also, understand that the MAFFI database is a HUGE asset to the hobby however not all information that is at the archives has been listed in the MAFFI database. I have found many prints for items like fasteners and other sub-component items at the archives that have not yet been listed on the MAFFI site. Therefore don't assume that just because something is listed (-or not listed) that it is the total story.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote