View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:19 PM   #16
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Speaking of engine swaps....

This latest DMV recommendation I received would probably cause "all" DMV officials in all 50 States to unintentionally overdose on Imodium and Pepto-Bismol.

My nice DMV lady gave me instructions on how she would avoid future Model A Title conflicts when not having the today's required modern VIN number.

She suggested;

A. Stamping my Original 1930 Model A Ford Title/Motor Number on my frame anywhere where it can be easily seen in the future by a deputy or policeman "without" removing the body from the frame; and,

B. Re-stamping my Original Titled/Motor Number anywhere on my current motor to match my original Title/Motor Number already stamped on my Model A frame.

C. After asking her about possible future vehicle Title/Motor Number conflicts and possible vehicle/motor number investigations, she simply responded that I now have a legal 1930 Clear, Ford title with a legal title number; hence, just stamp your official legal title number on "your" legal car frame and stamp your official legal title number on "your" motor.

D. Nothing like a nice DMV compassionate lady with a gentle smile.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote