View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Kube

Default Re: 1940 Convertible footman loops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automotive Stud View Post
Random question, I'm redoing the top on my '40 and I have a footmans loop on either side above the side window opening, and another pair on the rear wood bow. From pictures I found it appears straps go from the rear bow down, to what I don't know, to help support the weight of the rear window. Does anyone know where the bottom terminates? And what are the loops above the side windows for? Thanks!
The footman loops on the rear wood bow are, as you suspect, correct. As are the loops above each door.
When the top is in the upward position, the loops on the rear wood bow have the rear straps threaded through them. This aids in keeping the rear window "flap" from well, "flapping" too much. The picture I've attached should help you envision this.

The loops above the doors (one each side) are utilized when the top is folded down. A leather strap is threaded through each and subsequently through a loop behind each rear seat side panel. This is what keeps the folded assembly secure within the top well.
Picture attached of the rear of one side panel.
Make sense?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040636.JPG (161.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0016.jpg (43.5 KB, 84 views)