View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #48
AlexLohmann1

Default Re: Helped my friend Alex pick up this nice 1935 DeLuxe Tudor on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, Well it's almost two years into the fun and adventure (and expenses ).

Alex, has been a great member of my road family for a good while now. We recently toured together at the Auburn V-8 Club event and it was very exciting to have him and his 35 along. He's working through some issues, but aren't we all? His car is gonna be good for him for a long time. Really. I promise.

There has been a lot of work done and more to do, but the fuel system was a biggie. Refurbed tank and new lines, with goodies, put on recently.

During the meet we drove 150 miles out and back to Portland IN to see a great tractor show. But dude, Alex, you're one up on me there, changing a tire on the edge of the road. I ain't had to do that yet! So sorry my jack was crap. But what are you gonna do when your buddy has a flat? Ice cream!

Thank goodness Auburn and the nearby business Tireville in Garrett (Rt 8 and Rt 327) are the types of places where they don't blink when you need to change a tube but not a tire. That was a couple of days after the flat.

Drive on, drive on.
Thanks for the recap, Jeff. Was quite the surprise for sure. Thanks to all for the great week!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
AlexLohmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote