View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #23
77Birdman

Default Re: Should I pass on this A? Or would I miss out on something?

Johnnya, I dont know 'As' but I have dabbled in old cars a bit. Cheap/inexpensive is not always the best way to buy a classic, really should almost be the last reason to buy one. Looks like you may be on the right track with the Coupe or Tudor for a bit more money. Like tools, buy the best one you can afford.
Brent, I respect your opinions from looking at your shop and work. You surely know these cars inside and out. However I have to disagree with you this time. First, in the vernacular of the old car industry all cars are NOT survivors simply because they exist. You are correct in your statement but generally speaking a vehicle that wears its original paint and has its original drivetrain and int. is a survivor. Not too many exist anymore. Also, I would venture to guess that MOST old cars that are restored are done so by the home hobbyist. I would think the majority of us guys silly enough to attempt to do so have the skill set to accomplish and know the people that can take care of the things we dont know. This is no bash on the professional restoration shop of course.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote