View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 05:31 AM   #41
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: '54 / '55 Fordomatic ID ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post
But the paint on the tag is missing, washed off at the transmission shop. Someone who shall remain nameless didn't take a photo of it first.
And...was that fellows name dmsfrr??? Haha. I took a sharp flat chisel and knocked the heads off the rivets that held the oval shaped tag with red letters before taking mine to the trans rebuilder. Then I drilled the rivets out and tapped them for small machine screw. Didn't install the tag until I got the trans back from the rebuilder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post
During several internet searches I haven't come across another Fordomatic transmission image that matches the passenger side of the main case this one has.
That passenger side is identical to both my '55 Ford-O-Matics and is the same for every small case cast iron Ford-O-Matic from at least '55 thru '59. The earlier ones had a filler cap where that rounded portion is near the rear and the transmission pan did not have a dipstick/filler tube. That's really the only big difference between all the small case Ford-O's from '51 thru '59 as far as the trans case goes.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote