View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
zuburg

Default Re: Questions regarding idle on early Y-block

OK, I went ahead and ordered an inexpensive vacuum/pressure gauge, should be in next week. I started looking at where to connect the vacuum gauge and I believe all my vacuum lines are metal with fittings. I'm attaching a couple of pictures to confirm and ask where I should connect the vacuum gauge. I have marked 5 lines and listed what I assume they are below:
1 - fitting coming off back of carb, I assume this is a vacuum fitting that splits off to several components

2 - This is the largest line and goes to the power brake component (booster?)

3 - This line goes down to the fuel pump

4 - You can see clearly that this goes to the round thing next to the distributor (is this the vacuum for the vacuum advance?)

5 - This line goes from the round thing next to the distributor and connects to a fitting on the front of the carb (shown in picture 2). Is this a timed vacuum port?

What is the recommended connection point for the vacuum gauge to check the mixture screws? I'm guessing I could disconnect the line going to the power brake? If so, do I need a fitting to connect the vacuum gauge? Or can I just put the plastic tapered end that comes with the gauge kit in the opening?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacuum lines.jpg (147.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg vacuum line-2.jpg (135.2 KB, 35 views)
zuburg is offline   Reply With Quote