View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #1095
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Parrots are Pests.

Our small rural town has a problem: parrots. Sounds strange doesn’t it? In our case maybe 50,000 and at times more. The species are Corellas. For them we provide paradise: grain and water. Many other rural towns and farms also share that same problem.
But so what is the problem you may ask? Well they are destructive birds because they destroy trees by nipping off the new growth which will kill the tree with time, whether they be eucalyptus trees (gum trees) along the river or the deciduous trees in town. They are noisy creatures with their raucous squawking and when I say noisy I mean noisy. Plus their messy shit, feathers and soft tree debris which they have nipped off make a mess everywhere. So why do they like roosting in town? It is said there are several reasons but the one that makes sense to me is the town lighting at night albeit dull.

Of the 14 different species (says Wikipedia) another species is starting to become a nuisance but thankfully not here. It’s the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and they are in the state capital of Sydney. They have learned to open rubbish bin lids for waste food scraps and their skill is apparently spreading fast. Sounds incredible doesn’t it, but it’s true. I read this in the newspaper and looked it up on YouTube. I have been able to copy and post some pictures for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Unknown-1.jpeg (6.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg Unknown.jpeg (6.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpeg Unknown-3.jpeg (15.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg images-1.jpeg (11.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (14.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg (6.3 KB, 10 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote