View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #14
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: 180 Degree Thermostat "Hunting"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shew01 View Post
Is the probe in the correct place in my picture above? It is in the hose segment nearest the radiator.

The next time I change hoses, I would like to move to one of the hose outlets cited in the links above. Today, I was trying to stop an antifreeze leak with the least amount of effort. For whatever reason, It seems that one repair tends to lead to another, and I didn’t want to risk anything else breaking for the moment. ;-)

I’m guessing I’ll have to replace the temperature gauge on the next hose change as well. The probe is turning green where it hooks up to the fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the style probe adapter you have, if the thermostat is properly placed against the motor coolant outlet neck, the probe temp. will swing every time the thermostat opens or closes, since the probe will be on the radiator no coolant flow side of the thermostat when the thermostat is closed.

Not sure where your coolant leak is . However the hose clamps are not tightened down properly which can cause leaks. They are on an angle compared to the hoses. The clamps should sit squarely on the hose.

Try changing to distilled water when trouble shooting/fixing these issues, then switch back to antifreeze when all is good.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote