View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:51 AM   #15
rodderbilly

Default Re: Flathead 8ba hesitate!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
If the screens are the problem, you need air cleaners with more flow capacity. I do know that many of the small dome/paper filter types most commonly used are completely inadequate, working as chokes, and I suspect that the good ones are probably marginal. With 2 cars over the ports, you have some room and might be able to adapt a pair of the smaller four barrel sort and be able to find name-brand paper filters with enough area.
Also, has car been driven in warm weather and run long enough to fully warm the engine? A distant possibility is the racing manifold with no heat crossover.
Yes..i know about the heat risers using a Navarro racing...i learn that i need to run the engine about 10 minutes to warm it,,when i rebuild the old 97 i try the brass float with fuel inside...i was happy thinking that probably the problem was solved..so i put the new dual Navarro intake ..learn about warm the engine etc etc...but ...that fastidious problem come back after run the new plugs for a short trip....another thing that i have is the fuse of electric fan that jumps frequently...
rodderbilly is offline   Reply With Quote