View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #24
P.S.

Default Re: Anyone ran one of the "new" Sacramento Vintage Ford carburetors?

Pluck- I did hear back from Mr. Endy. He has no carbs to sell and mentioned that he prefers to deal with local buyers and not through the mail. So, we're back to square one.

Steve S- Thank you for sharing. Yes, you obviously do know exactly how I feel!

The initial part of the restoration actually went rather well. Most of the original parts were able to be reused after straightening, machining, or whatever. The few repro parts needed fit well and worked great. It's just mind-blowing to me how people sell rebuilt items that they must clearly know will not work for the customer. Then, when trouble is reported, they just expect the customer to work through it, or keep sending it back over and over (and paying shipping). Another lesson learned.

You certainly have an advantage of experience. I'm right at the beginning of this learning curve. And it's pretty steep.

Lawrie- Thank you for the input. I don't need anything to tell me that the current carb is running too rich. Sooty plugs and 10 miles per gallon are all I need! If I clean/gap the plugs then drive to town and back (about 10 miles), the plugs are already sooty. Sure, it has great power, especially on the hills, but at what cost?
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote