View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #16
JimNNN

Default Re: Westach 6 volt tachometer review, attn: zoegrant

Zoegrant, I'm not a tranny guy (ha ha, that makes me laugh) but I have the exact same symptoms as you, so a couple of things:

Did you buy Randy Rundle's overdrive repair guide with the trouble shooting section?

In that trouble shooting guide (sorry, I don't have it with me know - it's in storage with my car) Randy has a procedure for possibly rectifying that issue (blocker ring not lined up with pawl) without taking out the OD transmission. Disclosure - I tried it with no success, but I'll try it again when I get a chance, as I may have done it "less than correct" the first time.

As I recall, you put the real axle up on jack stands so both tires are off the ground (Put chocks in front of the front tires, to prevent accidents.) The solenoid should be installed and the two bolts snugged down. Transmission in neutral. With chalk, mark the driveshaft/u joint AND the diff. housing next to the shaft as a reference point. You can then turn the rear tires in forward motion which will turn the drive shaft and power shaft. You go one complete turn of the drive shaft (that's why reference mark on diff is important).

When you get to one complete turn, stop, and loosen solenoid bolts till they're almost removed but not quite. Use a spacer of some sort to keep the solenoid pulled out as far as it can be from the housing while the loosened bolts still keep it in position. This keeps the pawl pulled out of the way of the blocker ring. Then turn the rear tires as before, but this time ONE EIGHTH TURN. This action is supposed to line the blocker ring up with the pawl. You then tighten the solenoid bolts down and the pawl and blocker ring might be lined up. Like I said I tried it, but may not have done it correctly.

Your best bet is to buy Rundle's repair guide if you haven't already.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote