View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 08:52 PM   #97
Redpond2

Default Re: 1932 BB Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
Nate,
Rear hub pulling.
I have some pictures of the old puller I used. In my thread near front?? I had to open the holes a little and I had to get some left hand nuts and modify them to get max thread engagement. A real good grip on the threads is important. I almost damaged a stud because it was not on far enough. These old pullers were on the web for sale.
Your trany looks as good or better than mine

I did tune up on my shifter to reduce the rotation in the shift lever. It,s all from wear. The pin, the socket have wear. All rebuild able with care. Just had my shifter out today trying to improve it too.
Remind me and we can review the things I did to improve my 60 degree shift lever rotation!
Regards,
Chris
Chris,

Yes I had hoped to touch base on your shifter improvements while you were in town. I’ll keep mine out on the table for inspection/discussion.

I did find pics of the puller you used. From what I found it’s a blue point 4567 hub puller tool. I believe the “new version” my snap on guy let me borrow is a blue point CJ129A, and I would have to open the stud holes on it. Good to know that’s likely going to be a common theme. Looks like the price is similar for the old version and the new version. So I may just keep what my snap on guy gave me and modify as needed.

Thanks,

Nate

Caution: living may be hazardous to your long term health. Eventually, and often over time, death has been known to occur....

Last edited by Redpond2; 05-29-2022 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Tool model clarification
Redpond2 is offline   Reply With Quote