View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #16
deuce_roadster

Default Re: 1940 ford 5 window coupe

There are multiple reasons pictures often do not really represent the actual color of anything when displayed on a computer. As mentioned above, lighting of the original picture is crucial, the sensitivity of the device taking the picture, the sensitivity of the device sending the picture, the video card of the displaying device all play into how the pixels and their codes for color are reproduced on your computer screen.

I DO know that the Restoration Shop (TCP Global) mix of Cloud Mist Gray urethane was indistinguishable from the original shiny paint under the tar paper on the floor of my 46k mile 40 V8 coupe. It also matches the paint from a gallon can of Ditzler lacquer that was mixed in the 1950s that came with the car.
Take a picture of your car, have it printed and then take it out and hold it against the car. It rarely will match the paint.
The color your eye sees is the reflection of the light off the surface of the car (or anything) as perceived by your brain. I had an uncle that was totally colorblind which is uncommon, and everything for him were shades of gray.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote