View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #29
ALmotoman

Default Re: Airtex E8902 Debacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
You know when these Ford V8 cars were new (and for many years after) they ran like a train and gained a reputation for power and reliability. And now all sorts of problems arise because of poor maintenance and tired old components and modifications and lack of knowledge in how to repair them. Electronic ignitions, electric fuel pumps and 12 volt systems should not be required. The Ford cars were a work of art that's why we love them. Don't sidestep the problems with modifications, fix it correctly. Regards, Kevin.
Very well said and I could not agree with you more. My new Airtex E8902 pumps like a Texas oil well, but I don't believe that it has helped appreciably with my hard starting problem. My continuing problem could very well be as simple as a bad power/economizer valve. I have tried many, both the re-machined "gold standard' one and the ones without pedigrees. Neither keep my carb float bowl full enough of fuel and neither show evidence of leaking. Maybe I just need to buy a few more of each on the premise that one just might actually work and finally solve the problem?
ALmotoman is offline   Reply With Quote