View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 11:30 PM   #64
trentclark

Default Re: 8BA doesnt have power

Update, found a few things out. I decided to rebuild one of my 94 cores, tore two apart and one had an extra part I didnt know existed. looked at the rebuild diagram and item 42-pump discharge needle. it wasnt in my current carb, took it apart and added it. Also, wondered if all 8 cylinders were firing. put a spark light thingy between the plug and wire and showed signal to all 8. used my timing light and put the plug wire lead on each wire. #2 and #6 did not send a strobe of light. I figured the plugs were fouling somehow. They are champion rh10c. swapped them out with some new Autolites and now I have 8 cylinders firing. explains the rich exhaust and no power. has much more power now and can hit 50 mph in 3rd. still wants to backfire out the exhaust when I push it to full throttle. I played with the timing back and forth and couldnt get past the backfire over 2000 rpm. Ill rebuild the second carb this week and put it on to see if it is carb related. if not, Ive talked to bubba about rebuilding my loadamatic dizzy. getting closer which is nice. felt good going 50 mph for once.
trentclark is offline   Reply With Quote