View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #12
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Battery purchase & best shut off location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen View Post
Unless you have a electric clock, which drains the battery when everything is off, I don't see how a switch will solve your problem. With all the switches off and the contacts open, you should not have any battery drainage. The battery voltage is dieing internally so a switch won't solve that problem. Use a test light to see if you do have battery drainage and if so the switch is a cover up solution.
Not in my humble opinion.

A battery cutoff switch provides a safety feature from short circuits, or high current leakage that can happen during times of high humidity, and other unforseen situations that, left unattended, can cause fires leading to a complete loss of vehicle(s), including a garage, that's possibly attached to a home, a barn, an out building, or any type of storage facility or other structure. They are also considered as good theft deterrent devices if switch is located in a difficult place to find quickly. They are also very good to have when working in an engine compartment with tools that could inadvertently bridge live wires to ground.
Think about it, I'm sure there are other good reasons for a quality battery kill switch as well, even though you may not have an electric clock draining a battery.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote