View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #18
barnstuf

Default Re: 1930 Coupe Acquired 2/22/41, 79 Years ago

I am glad to see my story has been well received and that being a Cape Codder fellow hobbyists drop in to see me at the summer time of year. I look forward to seeing "oldman" and "wyankee" this coming season and as "wyankee" mentioned he is usually with Jay, Joe, John the triplet brothers who love Model A's and who have found many used parts they needed in my barn, especially the 5 or 6 used engines.

It is doubtful if another faithful summer visitor Bobby from Brazil has seen the story but I have seen him for at least 20 years on an annual visit to look for parts to take back with him for his own "A" and for friends back home. He is a seasonal house painter on Nantucket island. Bob from California visits relatives in another part of Cape Cod annually and drops by every year to visit. He is a retired airline pilot who switched from flying passenger jets to Fedex jets as parcels do not complain. When retirement was forced by age regulations he became a crew chief, then switched again to refueling planes as he aged some more, and we have talked annually as he has gone thru those occupational phases. As a retired airline pilot I believe he gets free air travel.
barnstuf is offline   Reply With Quote