View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #18
cas3

Default Re: Old Ford Guys Stayin' Healthy

i love bicycles. used to have about 40 vintage bikes all picked up at the junk yards in the 70's-80's for about 5 bucks. sold them all recently for aprox 100 a piece. some were junk, some were rare. example- 1890's bike with wood fenders, and hexagonal post for the seat and handle bars. cast iron block chain, and wood wheels. another, a paperboy bike, small wheel in front with heavy spokes, and a huge basket above for the papers, extra big center stand to hold it up. never did restore any like planned, and never had a really mint original, just junk i drug home that i liked. currently, i have a garage sale 15 dollar 15 speed mountain bike with paperboy side baskets for swap meets. i live on gravel roads so i do not ride just for fun or exorcise, but its a wonderful thing at the big swap meets so i can ride past the rusty crager mags and camero parts to the next old ford mess. sadly, many of these events have outlawed bicycles. its ok to run thru big crowds of people with a 4 wheeler, golf cart, riding lawn mower, but apparently unsafe on a bicycle. i'll bet they would let that girl in though.
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote