View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #29
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Has Anyone Ever Found A Use For WD-40?

I spray the inside of hoses before installing if they are tight. They will slip right on with minimal effort. As mentioned earlier, it is great for cleaning oil, tar etc. Years ago, a neighbour of my brothers was over and lamenting that his truck (highway tractor) had a clicking noise in the front of the motor. He said that he had taken it in and had spent many thousands of dollars to have the issue discovered and fixed. After a few tried, they had changed most of the peripherals on the from t of the engine but no change. He asked my brother if he would have a look. He went over to thee guys place and had him fire up the truck. There was a very noticeable clicking noise that increased and decreased with RPM. He asked the guy if he had a can of WD-40. The guy gave him a quizzical look and said yes. Brought the can and my brother sprayed it on the belt and the sick went away. The guy said "you gotta be kidding me!!!". My brother explained that he had seen this before. The belt was sticking to the pulley and would make a snapping noise when it let go.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote