Thread: A/c
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 02:10 PM   #14
Benson

Default Re: A/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymc29 View Post
I may have spoken too soon. This after noon as I put the "A" away for the evening I found the conderser motor was once again resting even though the unit was again just a fan, I took the red wire off and it was not hot, hooked it back up and no rpm out of the little motor. Messed with the connection and the cab controls to no avail then while cleaning up around the shop I gave it another go. Shoved my test light into the connection and it read hot and the fan took off spinning. It reacted like there was a circuit breaker in the line and it had restet its self. My wiring diagram shows no such thing and I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Put it to bed for the night and will try a 10 miles out test drive when it is warm tomorrow. That's about the point it has been shutting down on me. If it still does it I will pull the motor, if the motor is not turning but the supply wire is live. What do I look into if the supply wire is dead even after the fan in the cab unit had been running until it pumps hot air? I do hear the compressor doing its job with a solid click as it comes on and off. Would it posssibly be low fluid level in the system? I will have to go to a shop to chec that or buy gauges as all I have is the old type and they won't fit the new coolant systems. Don't want me to try mixing coolants I guess.

Davey,

Since it started to work AFTER you probed the connecttor I would look closely at the individual pins in the connector one at a time ... Pulling gently on the wire.

What you are looking for is a pin where the pin is not held tightly in the plastic connector.

1. Maybe one of the "clips" on a pin is loose in its hole and is being disconnected by vibrations.

2. Also sometimes the round Female part of the connector is too large and not making good connection to the male part of the connector.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote