Thread: Modern OHV Head
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 06:26 AM   #8
Dusty12682

Default Re: Modern OHV Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39portlander View Post
Your looking for a RAJO cylinder head kit, check Chaffin's Garage Corona CA

Hope you have been putting your pennies away, a complete kit is $4,200 and if you go that route go the extra mile and pair that up with a KC Warford transmission.

Personally if you want a modern OHV, buy a 5.0 Mustang.
That's nice that they're selling rajo kits, but some people cannot afford the extra cost, and this thread is about the same idea as they did in the 20's and 30's. People being inventive and adding/creating a modern solution to the need for more power/speed. It may not be the purest idea, but neither is a replica head, its more about aesthetics between the two. If you see my build, its built using materials not really available at the time, but the idea is the same as it was in the 1920's, build a fast car out of what would be possibly junk parts. Had they had the materials available then that we have now, they would quite possibly have used those materials, including what is being discussed in this thread. I'm not trying to attack people, simply trying to see what ingenuity people have used to create more power on a budget; the idea is still there, just using modern technology.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dusty12682 is offline   Reply With Quote