View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #24
GB SISSON

Default Re: Using 85 octane fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe K View Post
I don't know if Jack White (John D. White) of East Sandwich was among your buddies but he was my uncle and running a Model A on kerosene during WWII oil rationing. The memory was high on his memory list including having a "switch over" valve to start the car on gasoline, and do the swap on the fly.

Uncle Jack was a bit of an "institution" in East Sandwich - small town boy, long time member of the East Sandwich Volunteer Fire Department, gifted finish carpenter, and beach runner in his later 1930s vintage panel truck popularly known as "The Red Onion."

Joe K

My grandpa Benjamin Bailey Sisson was selling model Ts in Wareham a few years earlier at Sisson's garage. He grew up in West Harwich. On Sisson road. While the Cape is a zoo in the Summer, sometimes I look at real estate listings, just because I have always had a heart for the cape. Was it Patty Page that sang 'Old Cape Cod" ?
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote